Top tips for conserving your energy
Creating some ‘me time’, simplifying daily tasks, or doing gentle exercise are just some of the ways you can live better with PH. Here are some top tips:
- Don’t be afraid to say no when things get too much.
- Plan time to rest each day and give yourself the occasional day off.
- Sit whenever possible, while in the kitchen or in the shower.
- Use pursed-lipped breathing techniques while performing gentle exercise, not just at rest.
- Go online – use social media to connect with friends, pay your bills using a banking app, or complete an online grocery shop.
- Buy handy living aids to avoid bending over towards the floor, such as a grabber or sock aids.
- Ask for help and practice self-care. Try alternative therapies such as reiki or music therapy or join a yoga class.
- Make time for activities you enjoy such as walking, reading or art.
- Use a mobility aid to regain your independence. There are lots of trendy mobility aids available on the market to help you get out and about.
- Plan your day in advance to avoid rushing around.
- Accept your limitations to help conserve your emotional energy. Seek help from our partners at AnxietyUK if you’re feeling anxious.
- Talk to other people with PH about your experiences and challenges and ask others what they do to conserve energy. Attending the PHA conference is a great way for members to meet others in the PH community. Our next conference will be held from 4th – 6th May 2019 (bank holiday weekend).
- If you’re on social media, you could join the PHA UK’s private Facebook group and chat to other people living with PH, to find out what works for them. To request to join, click here.